Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Every airline has its own baggage policy. Passengers are often confused as to what they should bring on their flight and what they should avoid. Allegiant Airlines' baggage policy determines the number of bags a customer can take on a flight, whether they are planning a long vacation or a short business trip of two or three days.
Allegiant's baggage policy covers carry-on bags, checked luggage, and any special items such as a laptop bag, camera bag, etc. Different carry-on baggage fees apply to different types of items.
Passengers are permitted to carry one free personal item, one item of carry-on luggage (which must fit inside the overhead bin or under the seat in front of the passenger), and one item of checked luggage.
What are the personal item requirements on Allegiant Airlines flights?
- Passengers can carry their personal items for free that must be large enough to fit underneath the seat or the overhead bin.
- Personal Item includes handbag, electronic device case, briefcase, laptop bag, or small backpack.
- The maximum dimensions for a personal item must not be more than 7" x 15" x 16" (17.8 cm x 38.1 cm x 40.6 cm).
Can you take a carry-on bag on Allegiant flights and what are its dimensional requirements?
Yes! You can carry a carry-on bag on an Allegiant flight. Here are the dimension requirements for a carry-on:
- Passengers may carry a carry-on bag (such as a roll-aboard, garment bag, or tote bag) along with the personal item but with some charge. The carry-on dimension requirements must not exceed 9" x 14" x 22" (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm).
- The carry-on size must be enough to be stored inside the seating space or the overhead bin.
What are the requirements for a passenger to carry checked baggage on Allegiant Air?
- Passengers will need to pay for checked baggage while flying with Allegiant Air.
- The maximum number of checked bags that a passenger can carry is 4 bags.
- The maximum dimensions of checked luggage must not exceed 80 inches (200 cm) in height, width, and height; exceeding these dimensions may result in a per-kilogram charge.
- Please keep in mind that infant products like diapers, baby food, and other similar items will be counted as part of your item or luggage.
How much do I need to pay for oversized bags?
- Overweight Bags (41-70 pounds) = $50.00 additional per segment
- Overweight Bags (71-99 pounds) = $75.00 additional per segment
- Oversized Checked Bag (height + width + depth) in excess of 80 inches (203.2 cm) = $75.00 additional per segment.