Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Every airline has its own baggage policy. Passengers are often confused as to what they should bring on their flight and what they should avoid. Allegiant Airlines' baggage policy determines the number of bags a customer can take on a flight, whether they are planning a long vacation or a short business trip of two or three days.
Allegiant's baggage policy covers carry-on bags, checked luggage, and any special items such as a laptop bag, camera bag, etc. Different carry-on baggage fees apply to different types of items.
Passengers are permitted to carry one free personal item, one item of carry-on luggage (which must fit inside the overhead bin or under the seat in front of the passenger), and one item of checked luggage.
What are the personal item requirements on Allegiant Airlines flights?
- Passengers can carry their personal items for free that must be large enough to fit underneath the seat or the overhead bin.
- Personal Item includes handbag, electronic device case, briefcase, laptop bag, or small backpack.
- The maximum dimensions for a personal item must not be more than 7" x 15" x 16" (17.8 cm x 38.1 cm x 40.6 cm).
Can you take a carry-on bag on Allegiant flights and what are its dimensional requirements?
Yes! You can carry a carry-on bag on an Allegiant Airlines flight. Here are the dimension requirements for a carry-on:
- Passengers may carry a carry-on bag (such as a roll-aboard, garment bag, or tote bag) along with the personal item but with some charge. The carry-on dimension requirements must not exceed 9" x 14" x 22" (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm).
- The carry-on size must be enough to be stored inside the seating space or the overhead bin.
What are the requirements for a passenger to carry checked baggage on Allegiant Air?
- Passengers will need to pay for checked baggage while flying with Allegiant Air.
- The maximum number of checked bags that a passenger can carry is 4 bags.
- The maximum dimensions of checked luggage must not exceed 80 inches (200 cm) in height, width, and height; exceeding these dimensions may result in a per-kilogram charge.
- Please keep in mind that infant products like diapers, baby food, and other similar items will be counted as part of your item or luggage.
How much do I need to pay for oversized bags?
- Overweight Bags (41-70 pounds) = $50.00 additional per segment
- Overweight Bags (71-99 pounds) = $75.00 additional per segment
- Oversized Checked Bag (height + width + depth) in excess of 80 inches (203.2 cm) = $75.00 additional per segment.
What is the Baggage Fee for Allegiant Airlines?
Allegiant Airlines charges baggage fees that differ with every route. You can check the price for checked baggage at the time of booking if you are booking it online or at the airport. If you are not still having some issues related to the baggage requirement on the Allegiant Airlines flights, you can reach out to the customer support executives. The customer care helpdesk will help you any time of the day. If you are booking your Allegiant Airlines flight ticket via a travel agency, make sure you get the information about baggage fees.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Fees are as follows:
- For passengers who pre-booked their carry-on luggage, would be changed from around $10 - $75.
- Passengers who booked the carry-on luggage at the airport before the scheduled departure of the flight would be charged around $50 - $75.
- The baggage fees for overweight luggage 40 to 100 lbs (18.2 to 45.4 kilos) would be 50 USD – 75 USD in total.
- The first checked baggage, weighing 40 lbs, would be charged around $20 - $50.
- The second checked baggage would be charged the same as the first bag which is $20 - $50 per bag.
- The third checked baggage would be charged $75 approximately.
- Baggage weighing between 41-70 lbs (exceeding weight limit), the passenger will need to pay more than $50 per bag including its original fees (for the checked-in baggage).
- Baggage weighing between 70-100 lbs (exceeding weight limit), the passenger will need to pay more than $75 per bag including its original fees (for the checked-in baggage).
- Baggage measuring in excess of 80 in. (203.2 cm) that is height + width + depth (oversized checked bag), a passenger will need to pay more than $75 per bag including its original fees.
Rules for Bringing Pets on Allegiant Airlines Flights
Allegiant Airlines allows pets onboard its flight’s cabin. A passenger may take a pet and a personal item or a paid carry-on bag on the flight. Allegiant Airlines baggage policy allows the passenger to take their furry friend without any hassle. The passenger would be required to follow these guidelines to travel with their pet:
- The airline allows only domesticated cats and dogs in the cabins. The pets must remain inside a soft-sided or hard-sided leak-proof carrier.
- The dimensions of the carrier must not exceed 9” H x 16” W x 19” D.
- More than 2 pets are not allowed in a single pet carrier.
- The pet must be odorless, harmless, non-disruptive and at least 8 weeks of age on the date of travel.